The Santa Rosa County Clerk of Circuit Court is an organization that performs a wide range of record keeping, information management and financial management in the judicial system and county government.
A Public Trustee as evidenced as follows:
- Accountant and auditor for the Board of County Commissioners
- Collector and distributor of statutory assessments
- Guardian of the public records, public funds, and public property
- Ensures that the court’s orders, judgments and directives are carried out within the parameters allowed by law
- Maintains the court’s records
- Collects and disburses court ordered child support and alimony payments
- Collects and disburses documentary stamp taxes and intangible taxes for the Department of Revenue
- Collects and disburses numerous fees and assessments for the benefit of State Trust Funds
- Provides informational, financial, and statistical data to the State Legislature, Supreme Court, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Auditor General, Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services, and other State agencies.
Mission Statement for the Clerk of Court and Comptroller
The Mission for the Office of the Clerk of Court and Comptroller of Santa Rosa County is to serve our Citizens, the Courts and the Board of County Commissioners with the highest standards of accountability, integrity, ethics, honesty and professionalism. We will accomplish this by putting quality and customer service first and by maintaining complete and accurate records for our County.