Passport Information

A passport is an internationally recognized travel document attesting to the identity and nationality of the bearer. In essence, it is a request on the part of the issuing government that officials of foreign governments permit the bearer to travel or sojourn in their territories and to afford them all lawful aid and protection.

A valid passport is required of U.S. citizens departing from the United States for any destination outside of North, South or Central America and for entering the United States from outside the United States. For more information, please visit

The Clerk of Courts Office is the local government agency that may accept applications for passports. That application is then passed on to one of the passport services designated by the US Department of State. The application is then reviewed, and is then issued or denied, and returned to the applicant by mail. During peak travel periods, this process may take four to six-week, so allow plenty of time before you intend to travel.

Payment Information:  We do not take credit card payments at this time.  We do however take Personal Checks, Cashiers Checks, and Money Orders for the US Department of State fee’s.  For the Clerks fees we take Cash, Personal Checks, Cashiers Checks, and Money Orders. 

If you have any further questions you may contact our Recording Department at:
(850) 983-1966 or mail your question to Clerk of Court, PO Box 472, Milton, FL 32572.



Q: What are the requirements for obtaining a Passport?

A: Passports are good for a period of ten (10) years for persons age 16 and older. Five (5) years for persons 15 and under. All passports will be mailed from the passport agency to the address listed on the passport application. Allow 4 – 6 weeks for return. Passports may be expedited (2 – 3 weeks) if you submit an additional $60.00 fee plus the express mail fee.  Applications can be obtained from the Clerk’s Office.

First time passport applicants must submit the following:

  • One (1) passport photo taken within the last 6 months.
  • When applying for a U.S. passport in person, evidence of U.S. citizenship must be submitted with Form DS-11.  All documentation submitted as citizenship evidence will be returned to you.  These documents will be delivered with your newly issued U.S. passport or in a separate mailing.                                   
  • Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (One of the following):               
  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport                                             
  • Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state*                    
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad of Certification of Birth                
  • Naturalization Certificate                                                                          
  • Certificate of Citizenship                                                                                        

*A certified birth certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office, which must be within 1 year of your birth.  Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.

Beginning April 1, 2011, all birth certificates must also include the full names of the applicant’s parent(s).

When applying for a U.S. passport in person, acceptable identification must be presented at the time of application. Primary Identification (One of the following):

  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Valid Driver’s License
  • Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
  • Current Military ID (military and dependents)

Renew by Mail if all of the following are true:  You’re most recent U.S. Passport:

  • Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older
  • Was issued within the last 15 years
  • Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change 
  • If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must Apply in Person
  • To renew your U.S. Passport by mail, you must submit Form DS-82

Minor Child Applicants 15 years or younger:

The child must appear in person with both parents; parents must present acceptable photo identification along with the child’s birth certificate showing both parents’ names.

Minors age 16 and 17 needs to establish parental consent with one of the following:

  • Have one parent present with valid photo ID
  • Check or money order signed by parent

Types of Passports:

Passport Book – any means of International travel                                            

Passport Card – can be used to enter the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book.  The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.

How to Apply for the Passport Card:

All U.S. citizens may apply for a passport card.                                                            

If you have a U.S. passport book and are eligible to use Form DS-82, you may apply for the card by mail.  You can use Form DS-82 to renew your passport book at the same time that you apply for your passport card.                      

If you have never had a U.S. passport book or are not eligible to use Form DS-82, you must apply in person using Form DS-11. 

All passport cards will be returned using First Class Mail.  Passport cards cannot be shipped to you using overnight delivery.

Need a U.S. Passport Immediately?

You should make an appointment to be seen at a Regional Passport Agency only if:

  • The U.S. passport is needed in less than 2 weeks for international travel 
  • The U.S. passport is needed within 4 weeks to obtain a foreign visa

Contact the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment or locate a Passport Agency. 

Passport Fees:   (check or money order payable to the U.S. Dept of State)  

Applicants 16 years and older:        Passport Book $110.00   Passport Card $30.00            Applicants 15 years and younger:    Passport Book   $80.00   Passport Card $15.00

An additional fee of $35.00 application fee will be paid to the Clerk of Court for all ages.



Online Services Information Logo and page link (External Link) is a service of Florida's Clerks of Court. The website provides several online services that are fast, convenient and secure. Click on the links below to access the services which are also available en español.


Click here to Pay Traffic Citations OnlinePay Traffic Citations

Pay securely by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX or Discover) or debit card. Elect to attend or decline traffic school during the payment process.


Access MyFloridaCounty Traffic IVR - toll free (855) 984-1187 on any touch tone phone.


Click here to Pay Child Support Online Pay Child Support

Non-custodial parents and employers can pay online with a credit card or direct debit from a bank account. Inquiry on a case’s payment history is also available online. website Avoid the hassle of sending child support checks each month and pay online. Use for all child support payments made using the electronic check (e-check) payment method. The services are also available en español.


Click here to Search and Order Official Records OnlineSearch and Order Official Records

Official Records are documents required or authorized to be recorded in one general series called "Official Records". Search thousands of records across counties, all in one place. Frequently ordering records? Create an account for streamlined checkout. Records can also be purchased online.



Other Clerk of Court Services

County Official Records Index and Deed Mortgage Imaging

Search Court RecordsSearch Court Records online

Perform a public county search of court records online.


TouchPay logo and link



Pay criminal fines, court costs and criminal citations online.

Florida eFiling Portal

eFiling Portal logoThe Florida Courts eFiling Portal web site provides eFiling and eRecording capability to users with a single statewide login. Users may utilize the ePortal web interface to submit documents to Clerks and Recorders.

eFiling Court Documents Info

 My Florida Clerks logo and site link (External Link)

Find information about the Courts, public records, research how to file a small claims case or find an official record.

The Clerk's office performs nearly 1,000 different constitutional and statutory functions or duties, representing the broadest and most diverse mantle of responsibility of any locally elected official. Find out more about the many things we do and the many ways we can help you at